Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Can temporary hair loss result in loss of hair at the crown?

While stress/thyroid/vitamin deficiency can cause hair loss, is it normal to fall out at the crown of the head? It seems like it would fall out in general and not be isolated to a specific area, which is why I'm concerned. I am developing a very slight bald spot at my crown where my natural part starts.





I am skeptical it is hereditary, as baldness does not run in my family at all. I am pretty high-strung. I notice 5-6 hairs when I shampoo and have been shedding lightly for maybe 6 months. I know hair loss is normal on a daily basis and have never had ';clumps'; come out.





I plan to go get tested for a thyroid disorder (runs rampant in my family), and also tested for any Iron/Protein deficiency.Can temporary hair loss result in loss of hair at the crown?
Your age would have been helpful here.





Male patten baldness is hereditary, however other things can cause hair loss. Hormones out of whack, i.e. testosterone. Some steroid users have trouble with their hair for this reason.





Stress will definitely not be good for it.





I'd go to the doctor, he can run the tests and see if anything is going on that's fixable.Can temporary hair loss result in loss of hair at the crown?
Hair loss is caused by many reasons such as malnutrition, illness, tension and other health problems.It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of a cycle of growing new hairs and loosing some. Badly damaged hair breaks at the scalp. Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment