Monday, February 22, 2010

My Cat Has A sudden Loss of hair on her Lower back by the Tail what may this be a cause of?

She Often licks in that area, She is about 1 Year OldMy Cat Has A sudden Loss of hair on her Lower back by the Tail what may this be a cause of?
Spring........... my cat does the same every year! the old hair comes out in gobs and new hair comes in pretty and soft!My Cat Has A sudden Loss of hair on her Lower back by the Tail what may this be a cause of?
This is common in flea mite infestation you must get flea preparation like ADVANTAGE from your vets and apply to treat its applied monthly to the area between the shoulder blades an is very effective in stopping the lea cycle.By her losing hair and nibbling this is a flea bite allergy as fleas tend to concentrate in this area and on the neck and underbelly as well.
shes either compulsively licking there down to rawness... or she has a skin problem. Either way Id advise calling the vet if you dont see any blood, but going in for a visit if you do.





Dry skin is common for cats this time of year, I am having a problem with one of my three.. she is itching her head in front of her ears. They are bloody and raw.... she is being treated with a cortisone shot.





Id also suggest rubbing some Aquaphor or neosporin on the area and monitoring her very closely to ensure she isn't licking it raw.
Whenever that happens to my one outdoor cat, I find a flea.....which tells me that she's itching and licking to try to stop it.





I doctor the sore with Neosporin Antibacterial Ointment, and put ProMeris flea treatment on her. The Neosporin heals the sore, and the ProMeris kills the fleas.........Problem SOLVED..........





My indoor cats never have this problem....


.


Hope this helps you.........Good luck.
Hair loss in animals often indicate a form of disease. You should get it diagnosed at the vet to get it treated. Don't forget a cat has a life like we do =]
I'd say fleas. She's probably been licking and biting the area raw. Get some frontline, works a dream. Flea bomb the house as well cause fleas only stay on an animal for about 2 days
Could be fleas or ringworm. I would see the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment