Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Loss of hair with minestrin 1/20?!!!?

im 14 and went on minestrin 1/20 to regulate my prolonged, heavy periods. i feel absolutely fine but have noticed recently that my hair is falling out more. its just a few strands here and there, but i never noticed this much before what could it be? i have been on yaz and alesse also but changed them because i felt sick. i also straighten my hair but use protective spray, condition it good, and only wash it every 3 days. it looks and feels healthy but im very confused. HELP!!!Loss of hair with minestrin 1/20?!!!?
how much do you lose hair?


if it is ~100 hair per day then it is normal!Loss of hair with minestrin 1/20?!!!?
Hi. Birth control pills can cause hair loss. It happened to me when i started taking them. Be glad you're only losing a little hair, i lost almost all of mine. It all grew back about 6 months later, but i was devastated when it fell out. I didn't know what was going on, so i went to see a Dermatologist that specialized in hair loss, and she told me it was from the pill. I wish i would have known that could happen because i never would have started taking them. If you read the insert that comes in your pill packet, it will list hair loss as a side effect ( i always read those now when i get a prescription ). It's from your body trying to adjust to the hormonal change from the pill. I wouldn't stay on that brand if you have that side effect ( my hair fell out for a long time because i didn't stop taking mine at first ). I'm sure you don't want to go through that. Hopefully, you won't lose as much as i did, it was horrible. Good luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment