Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I have thinning/loss of hair, itchy scalp, and lots of dandruff?

It sucks, and I don't know what to do about it. I have been using Nizoral but it does not seem to be helping. Could this be several problems, or could it all be related to one problem?





The hair loss/thinning seemed to have started before, but more recently I have noticed a lot of dandruff and itchy scalp that won't go away, no matter how often I use Nizoral (and I have within the past few days started keeping the Nizoral on my scalp for several minutes before rinsing). I don't want to use Head %26amp; Shoulders since I hear that this causes hair thinning also.





As for my hair loss, I have been trying Rogaine for a few months, but I don't know how much it is helping (but I do admit that I miss applications quite often). A couple of days ago I read that I should start taking a B-Complex vitamin to help with hair loss, so I just started doing this. If this doesn't work, I will probably try Propecia.





Any advice for me? Being that they started at different times, I am skeptical if they are due to the same cause, but maybe it could be? Could it be head lice or something?





Thanks!I have thinning/loss of hair, itchy scalp, and lots of dandruff?
It's time to go see a physician... you need to get some bloodwork done. There's something far more going on here than just dandruff. It doesn't seem like lice... seems like it could be something going on in your blood. Thyroid problems can cause hair loss... and so can several different vitamin deficiencies.





Either way, it's something to go see a physician about.I have thinning/loss of hair, itchy scalp, and lots of dandruff?
My hair falls out a lot, but I don't worry about that because your hair is supposed to fall off. and mine grows back, if it didn't grow back I'd probably be bald. I use head and shoulders.





Go to a salon and ask them or a doctors , But I'd prefer a salon. Ask them what the best shampoo/conditioner is for your condition.
Check your diet Shawn, If you eat lots of starchy/sugary foods such as donuts and pastries, this could cause this problem.
  • hair treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment