Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scabs no ticks no loss of hair no fleas

My grandparents just moved up to Sioux Falls from Fremont Nebraska and have 2 little dogs. Jakie a min-pin yorkie and Henry a pure-bred maltese. As I sit with them I noticed Henry had bumps on his fur and when I looked it was little tiny scabs. He doesn't have an odd smell to him, he doesn't have fleas or ticks, and he doesn't have any loss of hair. What could this be caused by?Scabs no ticks no loss of hair no fleas
it could be ant bites but how sure are you that they are not tick bites? ticks leave scabs and bumps behind. fleas normally leave droppings behind so if you see little black or brown specks on you dogs it could be fleas. i would take the dogs to the groomers or the vet to get checked out. your groomer may be able to tell you whats going on. but if they aren't sure they will send you to a vet. your dog may also have really sensitive skin or it could also be allergies. i hope this helped. good luckScabs no ticks no loss of hair no fleas
My Basset Hound had the SAME THING about 2 months ago. It was only around the bottom edges of his ears. What I ended up doing was bathing him really well. I cleaned the places good with peroxide then applied triple antibiotic ointment to all of them.They all cleared up in less than a week and I haven't seen signs of the scabby places again. No clue what caused it.






This is most likely from mites, mites are very small, not easy to see. These will cause all of the symptoms. This has happened to me.





I reccomend taking the dog to the vet and they will give it an injection to help and shampoo to wash it with.


I would seperate it with the other dog.








Good Luck
He might just have sensitive skin, my dog has the same thing but she does have fleas, but barly any. wash him with a soap that is for dogs with sensitive skin
running away getting cut or just needs a checkup at the vet
  • hair treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment