Sunday, February 21, 2010

Is loss of hair in genes?

It wass just a question i was thinking about lol. If someones mom or dad turned bald, from stress or old age would the child be bald when they grow up?Is loss of hair in genes?
';baldness/ hair loss'; is a trait inherited from your maternal grandfather. if he's 90 with a full head of hair, you're gonna be ok. if he started balding at 30, you probably will tooIs loss of hair in genes?
Sadly yes it can be. My father was bald-ish ( the classic male pattern) due to wearing a motorcycle helmet for years but I suffered a great deal of stress a few years ago and my dermatologist has said that although I am female I have the gene that causes male pattern baldness and ta da! I have my fathers hairline!


I had a form of Alopicia but that cleared up to reveal worse!


I wear wigs now and feel ok about it all as I never have to ';do'; my hair, I put my ';hair'; on and look like I spent hours faffing about!


It can be passed on ( I hope not, my daughters hair is beautiful) but you cannot choose your family!! x
Male baldness is in the genes but if a parent is bald through illness then no.

No comments:

Post a Comment